Sunday, June 9, 2024

Exploring the Joe Bussard Collection Vol. 7

 





More goodies that have been auctioned off over at Joe's web site. This collection has a release by The Rolling Stones....I guess Mick & Keith .... are A LOT older than they let on to be!






I have decided to place these collections on Archive.org to preserve the legacy of Joe & his rescuing of these gems...many could have been lost forever. Although I missed some of the earlier auctions...I'll keep going with them as time permits--grabbing/sharing as much as I can.

See sidebar for my page.








5 comments:

MusicHoarder77 said...


Exploring the Joe Bussard Collection Vol. 7:


https://www.imagenetz.de/bw7ZH

Crab Devil said...

Thank you very much for Volume 7 -- and, btw, I think you've made a good choice
in posting the series over at Internet Archive as well.

Incidentally, "Candy Girl" by Uncle Bunt Stephens has, by now, been one of my
favorites for something like four decades. (Wow!)

Meanwhile, speaking of old age, my curiosity was piqued by the reference
(on the 78 label image) to the "Rolling Stone Series." This page about a
Mack Sennett film collection has some of the relevant details:
https://www.nitrateville.com/viewtopic.php?t=13087&start=120 .

One of the comments over there is kind of a cool wisecrack to the effect
that Keith Richards was "probably around 275 years old" in 1930, when he
"played backup guitar" on those two "hit songs."

jimmyb said...

Thanks again MH, I always look forward to these. This music is soooo great and its nice to see(and hear) that it's still in circulation.

Domenic Ciccone (AKA Martooni) said...

Thank you for taking the time and making this convenient for us.

MusicHoarder77 said...

Thanks all---for diggin' these!