Sunday, March 24, 2024

Exploring the Joe Bussard Collection Vol. 1

 




There have been a few people throughout the years that have guided me to certain music that I'd probably would have overlooked. Learning about Joe Bussard about 20 years ago in a newspaper article made explore the music that he was so excited about. I'm glad I did. His passion kept these early recordings alive as he would hunt them out in the 1950's & '60's when nobody else cared for them as much. 

Now that he has passed, his treasure trove is slowly being auctioned off. SEE... https://joesvintage78.com/

I have decided to explore what gems were in that basement.









6 comments:

MusicHoarder77 said...

Exploring the Joe Bussard Collection Vol. 1:

https://www.imagenetz.de/bywgc

Crab Devil said...

Thank you very much! I love this stuff (and I'm at least somewhat familiar with Joe Bussard's various projects). This is sure to be a great series!

jimmy said...

I agree with Crab Devil. Saw a doco. on Joe where he laughs about how he conned his way into poor people's houses and paid them pennies for their 'worthless records' which, of course, often turned out to be valuable. Still, without him, a lot of great music might have disappeared. Paradoxes...don't ya love 'em?

soulpapa said...

Many thanks! Looking forward to it all!

cowculator said...

I knew Joe slightly and traded some tapes with him, but what you are offering is wonderful.

john

MusicHoarder77 said...

@cowculator -- I would have loved to experience these recordings with Joe...in his basement!

Thanks for stopping buy. More to come as time permits!

MH77