Sunday, May 24, 2020

As found in .....KICKS Vol. 3





Here's a project I've been wanting to do for a while. Compile (as much as possible) the music highlighted within the pages of KICKS magazine. For those not familiar with this small publication...it is THE go to place for coolness in the world of music. Written & distributed by (the late) Billy Miller & Miriam Linna who also started NORTON records. There were seven volumes of KICKS released, I have only four. 

This copy was bought when I visited NYC in the mid-80's and went to MIDNIGHT RECORDS.  Upon reading through any of the copies I owned..I always dreamed of finding the gems spoke of within the pages. This was mostly done with purchasing compilation LPs. Fast forward to the days of online music & here we are with this collection.

Someday...I'll do the same for other volumes!

By the way...if The Swanks don't get your feet movin'...you might want to check your pulse !

5 comments:

MusicHoarder77 said...

KICKS Magazine Vol. 3 gems:

http://www.imagenetz.de/f623ac976/KICKS-3.zip.html

Crab Devil said...

Wow -- thanks!

This whole project is a great idea, and I hope you can continue
with it.

My experience back then must have been similar to yours, though
from a West Coast perspective. In the mid-1980s, I was too relatively
young, dumb, and poor to be a bona fide collector. So, except for
catching the occasional break at some swap meet or thrift store, I was
limited to picking up as many of those compilation albums as I could.

As for this particular issue of Kicks, I think it's the only one
I managed to grab at the time.

MusicHoarder77 said...

Yep...same experience....but on the east coast! Will continue as time permits! Thanks!!

David Banner said...

Fantastic post and a great project idea!i am fortunate to have all seven issues and they are my go to bible of all things cool!!!Thanks.

Chocoreve said...

Same thing for me, I had one copy of Kicks here in France, enough to understand the great people Billy and Miriam are.